11/09/2009

Michigan to Arizona - part 1

Well i just got home from my 2 week trip to across the United States. The main part of the trip was me riding my 1972 Honda CB500 from Phoenix to Michigan. But before i get to that , the week before i left with my friend John, we went up to Bad Axe and spent some time with his relatives on their farm. I got to help milk cows and plow a field. They actually let me drive that thing for almost half the day, by myself. I think i plowed around 60 acres.

bidirectional tractor, bad axe michigan, chisel plow
view from inside the tractor, field plowing
done plowing for the day, international harvester
Now on to the trip. Basically it was three days of driving:
Michigan to Nashville
Nashville to Texas
Texas to Phoenix

Before getting to Nashville though we went to the Louisville Slugger factory and got bats made with our names on them. But Nashville was really great. John and i went to the Country Music Hall of Fame, saw some of the Montreal Canadians players walking from the hotel to the ice arena, went to a concert at the Grand Ole Opry and hung out downtown afterwords.

Carrie Underwood was just one of the people singing that night
carrie underwood, live, ryman theater, grand ole opry, concert

Main street in downtown Nashville, there was live country music in just about every bar
downtown nashville, main street, at night, music, bars
Oh ya and we played putt-putt and rode go-carts every chance we could
go cart riding in nashville tennessee, fun, ride
racing go carts



No comments: