3/19/2012

Joby Gorillapod Tripod Return Policy

A few weeks ago, when i was using my DIY - polarizing filter and DIY - ND filter i broke my new Joby Gorillapod tripod. It was really cold and as i was shutting the tripod, the plastic leg snapped.
Joby Gorillapod broken plastic
So i emailed Joby Gorillapod, told them what happened, included my Amazon order information and the picture above. They responded that day saying that they would send me a replacement. Three days later a brand new Gorillapod tripod showed up in the mail. It was great. Joby Gorillapod replacement policy
I actually didn't think they were going to send me a new one so i tried fixing the old tripod the day before the new one arrived.

Just gluing the plastic legs wouldn't work so i inserted the two ends in a piece of PVC tubing and then sealed it with some J.B. Weld epoxy. It didn't look so good but it worked.

Joby Gorillapod repair
Now i guess i have two mini tripods.
Joby Gorillapod replacement policy broken

No comments: